Militants` rehabilitation: SC notice to Centre, J&K govt
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notices to the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government on a plea challenging the surrender and rehabilitation policy for terrorists in the state.
A bench headed by Justice R M Lodha sought response from the two governments on a petition filed by J&K Panthers Party which alleged persons with Pakistani passports are being illegally allowed to enter Indian territory from Nepal by using fake I-card issued by J&K government.
"The state government, not deterred by the public opinion or queries of this court, dares import the Pak nationals holding Pak nationality via Nepal. The conspiracy was exploded when Liaqat Amed Shah entered Indian territory from Nepal borders and was arrested by Delhi police on March 17," the petitioner said.
Senior advocate Bhim Singh, appearing for the petitioner, pleaded with the court to pass an order to cancel the Indian citizenship allegedly granted by the government to Pakistani militants.
"Issue as appropriate order directing NIA to inquire into the entire racket of illegal entry of Pak-national militants who have managed to trespass into the Indian territory via Nepal with the cooperation and support of J&K government," the petitioner said.
The petitioner alleged the surrender and rehabilitation policy of 2004 was changed by the state government on November 22, 2010 but the changed policy has not been made public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’