Militants` rehabilitation: SC notice to Centre, J&K govt
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notices to the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government on a plea challenging the surrender and rehabilitation policy for terrorists in the state.
A bench headed by Justice R M Lodha sought response from the two governments on a petition filed by J&K Panthers Party which alleged persons with Pakistani passports are being illegally allowed to enter Indian territory from Nepal by using fake I-card issued by J&K government.
"The state government, not deterred by the public opinion or queries of this court, dares import the Pak nationals holding Pak nationality via Nepal. The conspiracy was exploded when Liaqat Amed Shah entered Indian territory from Nepal borders and was arrested by Delhi police on March 17," the petitioner said.
Senior advocate Bhim Singh, appearing for the petitioner, pleaded with the court to pass an order to cancel the Indian citizenship allegedly granted by the government to Pakistani militants.
"Issue as appropriate order directing NIA to inquire into the entire racket of illegal entry of Pak-national militants who have managed to trespass into the Indian territory via Nepal with the cooperation and support of J&K government," the petitioner said.
The petitioner alleged the surrender and rehabilitation policy of 2004 was changed by the state government on November 22, 2010 but the changed policy has not been made public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA