Militants, security forces exchange fire, no casualties
Srinagar: A gunbattle broke out between militants and security forces in Kulgam district of south Kashmir this evening, police said.
The gunfight ensued when police and Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation in Dodhipora village, 75-km from here, following a tip-off about presence of militants there.
"The exchange of fire is still on between the two sides," a police spokesman said.
There was no immediate report of any casualty, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016
- Ephedrine haul case: Accused gets threat not to turn approver