Militants shoot dead NC activist in J&K
Srinagar: A prominent activist of the ruling
National Conference was shot dead and his son seriously
injured by militants in Bandipora district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said on Friday.
Sonaullah War (50) died instantly after unidentified
militants barged into his house at village Kach Mohalla in
Hajin, 35 km from here, at around 8.30 pm last night and
opened indiscriminate fire, a spokesman of the force said.
His son Muzaffar Ahmad War was injured in the shooting
and admitted to the Soura Medical institute here for
Soon after the incident, a police party rushed to the
village and carried out a search operation to nab the
militants involved in the incident, the spokesman said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation which
continued till late last night, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof