Militants shoot dead NC activist in J&K
Srinagar: A prominent activist of the ruling
National Conference was shot dead and his son seriously
injured by militants in Bandipora district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said on Friday.
Sonaullah War (50) died instantly after unidentified
militants barged into his house at village Kach Mohalla in
Hajin, 35 km from here, at around 8.30 pm last night and
opened indiscriminate fire, a spokesman of the force said.
His son Muzaffar Ahmad War was injured in the shooting
and admitted to the Soura Medical institute here for
Soon after the incident, a police party rushed to the
village and carried out a search operation to nab the
militants involved in the incident, the spokesman said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation which
continued till late last night, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka