Militants shoot dead NC activist in J&K
Srinagar: A prominent activist of the ruling
National Conference was shot dead and his son seriously
injured by militants in Bandipora district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said on Friday.
Sonaullah War (50) died instantly after unidentified
militants barged into his house at village Kach Mohalla in
Hajin, 35 km from here, at around 8.30 pm last night and
opened indiscriminate fire, a spokesman of the force said.
His son Muzaffar Ahmad War was injured in the shooting
and admitted to the Soura Medical institute here for
Soon after the incident, a police party rushed to the
village and carried out a search operation to nab the
militants involved in the incident, the spokesman said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation which
continued till late last night, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan