Militants shoot dead NC activist in J&K
Srinagar: A prominent activist of the ruling
National Conference was shot dead and his son seriously
injured by militants in Bandipora district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said on Friday.
Sonaullah War (50) died instantly after unidentified
militants barged into his house at village Kach Mohalla in
Hajin, 35 km from here, at around 8.30 pm last night and
opened indiscriminate fire, a spokesman of the force said.
His son Muzaffar Ahmad War was injured in the shooting
and admitted to the Soura Medical institute here for
Soon after the incident, a police party rushed to the
village and carried out a search operation to nab the
militants involved in the incident, the spokesman said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation which
continued till late last night, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in