Militants shot dead sarpanch, village official in Pulwama
Srinagar: A sarpanch and a village official were today shot dead by militants in separate incidents in Tral area of Pulwama district of Kashmir.
Militants barged into the house of?Congress sarpanch Ghulam Nabi Mir at Batagund in Tral area tonight and opened indiscriminate fire, police said.
Mir died on the spot while his son Firdous Ahmad was injured in the incident.
In the second incident, militants shot at Mohammad Anwar Sheikh (60), who was working as `Numberdar` (village official) while he was coming out of a mosque at Amlar in Tral area.
Sheikh was rushed to hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Today`s incidents take the number of political killings to three in Kashmir since the Lok Sabha poll schedule was announced.
Militants on Thursday shot dead a PDP sarpanch in Awantipora area of Pulwama district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends