Military hideout busted; cache of arms & explosives recovered
Jammu: A major terror plot was thwarted on Friday as a militant hideout in Dichal area of Kishtwar district near here was busted, police said.
On a tip off, a team of police, 11 Rashtriya Rifles and 74 Central Reserve Police Force launched a joint search operation in Dichal area last evening and seized a huge cache
of arms, ammunition and explosives from a natural hideout.
The recoveries included 25 kilograms of Improvised Explosive Device (IED), an Underbarrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL), 13 gelatin explosive sticks, 288 AK rounds besides 2 pistols, 33 pistol rounds and two 12 bore rifles, police said.
The instant dump of ammunition and explosives is believed to be the handy work of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) who were bent upon to use the same to disturb peace across
Kishtwar district, they said.
The recovery is a serious set back to the nefarious designs of terrorists, police said, adding that a search operation was carried out across the entire area but no
arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened