Minimum temp dips in Kashmir, Kargil records coldest night
Srinagar: The minimum temperature across Kashmir Valley and Ladakh region dropped as the cold conditions intensified, even as Kargil recorded the coldest night of the season with mercury plummeting to more than 22 degrees below the freezing point.
Kargil, in Ladakh region, recorded a low of minus 22.8 degrees Celsius, a drop of five degrees from the previous night?s minus 17.8 degrees Celsius, a MeT Department official here said.
The nearby Leh town recorded a low of minus 13.7 degrees Celsius, a drop of over four degrees from minus 9.2 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Srinagar, the summer capital of the state recorded a low of minus 1.1 degrees Celsius last night, down from 0.4 degree Celsius the previous night.
Mercury in Qazigund - the gateway town to Kashmir Valley went down by almost two degrees to settle at minus 3.4 degrees Celsius, as against the previous night`s minus 1.6 degrees Celsius.
The tourist resort of Pahalgam, in south Kashmir, registered a low of minus 10.6 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 10.2 degrees Celsius previous night.
The minimum temperature in the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg settled at a low of minus 10.0 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s minus 9.4 degrees Celsius.
The mercury in Kokernag, in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 4.4 degrees Celsius last night, as against the previous night`s minimum of minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
The mercury in north Kashmir`s Kupwara fell by two degrees from minus 0.4 degrees Celsius the previous night, to settle at minus 2.4 degrees Celsius last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day