Minimum temp increases in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley got slight respite from the cold wave conditions on Friday as the minimum temperature appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees as compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg, the skiing resort in north Kashmir, was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam, a resort in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius as compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius, while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'