Minimum temp increases in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley got slight respite from the cold wave conditions on Friday as the minimum temperature appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees as compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg, the skiing resort in north Kashmir, was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam, a resort in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius as compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius, while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO