Minimum temp increases in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley got slight respite from the cold wave conditions on Friday as the minimum temperature appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees as compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg, the skiing resort in north Kashmir, was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam, a resort in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius as compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius, while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore