Minimum temp increases in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Kashmir Valley got slight respite from the cold wave conditions on Friday as the minimum temperature appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as against minus 2.1 degrees Celsius recorded previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, up by 1.6 degrees as compared to yesterday.
Gulmarg, the skiing resort in north Kashmir, was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 8.6 degrees Celsius, up by 1.4 degrees.
Pahalgam, a resort in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius as compared to yesterday`s minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, he said.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures. Leh recorded a low of minus 14.1 degrees Celsius, while Kargil recorded minus 16.0 degrees Celsius, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?