Minimum temp rose, relief from cold conditions in Kashmir
Srinagar: Residents of the Kashmir Valley and Ladakh region experienced some relief from cold conditions as the minimum temperature rose by several degrees.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, witnessed an increase of over three degrees in the night temperature as the mercury settled at a low of minus 0.2 degrees Celsius last night as compared to minus 4.0 degrees Celsius the previous night, an official of the MeT Department here said.
Mercury in Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir, which serves as a base camp during annual Amarnath yatra, settled at minus 5.7 degrees Celsius, up by almost six degrees from minus 11.6 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Mercury at the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg went up by over two degrees to record a low of minus 8.4 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s minus 11.0 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature at Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir Valley, rose by over three degrees to Settle at minus 2 degrees Celsius, as against the previous?night?s minus 5.7 degrees Celsius.
Kokernag and Kupwara towns registered minimum temperatures of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius and minus 1.9? degrees Celsius respectively, the official said.
Kargil, in Ladakh region, continues to be the coldest place even as the mercury went up by over six degrees to settle at a low of minus 16.8 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 23.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
The nearby Leh town registered an increase of over nine degrees in the night temperature as the mercury settled at a low of minus 5.9 degrees Celsius as against minus 15.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
The MeT Department has said there is a possibility of light rainfall or snowfall at isolated places in the state over the next 24 hours and there would be an increase in the? precipitation activity over the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands