Ministers of Omar-led government have become `outlaws`: PDP
Jammu: Lashing out at the ruling National Conference (NC) in Jammu and Kashmir over the alleged assault of a senior officer at Kishtwar recently, PDP today said that ministers of Omar Abdullah-led government have become "outlaws".
"Ministers of Omar Abdullah government have become outlaws and there was no check on their misconducts," PDP said in a statement here while referring to the alleged abuse of power by MoS (Home) Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo.
Kichloo was accused of slapping Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kishtwar Development Authority (KDA), Riyaz Choudhary on April 18 after he could not reach on time at a government function in Kishtwar.
Omar, however, yesterday expressed displeasure over the incident and said such things should be avoided.
The party alleged that the minister had slapped senior officer in full public view and later his supporters had given a severe thrashing to the officers without any reason.
"Instead of taking action against the erring minister, the chief minister has just expressed his displeasure over the episode. What message he wants to give by protecting his minister, who has slapped a senior officer," the party asked.
Meanwhile, SC/ST/OBC confederation has also disapproved the Omar`s statement, saying that the community was shocked at the incident and felt "betrayed" after such treatment was meted out to one of their members.
"All the SC/ST/OBC community, which is fighting for economic upliftment and self-respect was shocked at the incident and felt betrayed," state president of All India Confederation of SC/ST/ OBC Organisations, R K Kalsotra, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister