Minor killed, two others injured in grenade blast
Jammu: A 10-year-old boy was killed on the spot while two other children were injured on Wednesday when the grenade they were playing with exploded in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
One of the children had picked up the grenade from a drain at Seema road near Pir Panchal hotel in Rajouri town, police said.
While playing with it, one of them hit the grenade at a stone resulting in the blast late this afternoon, police said.
Garo Singh was killed and two others, Rohit and Kapil, aged between 8 to 10 years, were injured, they said.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital.
A probe is on to ascertain from where the grenade reached the drain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra