Minor killed, two others injured in grenade blast
Jammu: A 10-year-old boy was killed on the spot while two other children were injured on Wednesday when the grenade they were playing with exploded in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
One of the children had picked up the grenade from a drain at Seema road near Pir Panchal hotel in Rajouri town, police said.
While playing with it, one of them hit the grenade at a stone resulting in the blast late this afternoon, police said.
Garo Singh was killed and two others, Rohit and Kapil, aged between 8 to 10 years, were injured, they said.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital.
A probe is on to ascertain from where the grenade reached the drain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing