Minor killed, two others injured in grenade blast
Jammu: A 10-year-old boy was killed on the spot while two other children were injured on Wednesday when the grenade they were playing with exploded in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
One of the children had picked up the grenade from a drain at Seema road near Pir Panchal hotel in Rajouri town, police said.
While playing with it, one of them hit the grenade at a stone resulting in the blast late this afternoon, police said.
Garo Singh was killed and two others, Rohit and Kapil, aged between 8 to 10 years, were injured, they said.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital.
A probe is on to ascertain from where the grenade reached the drain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries