Minorities observes bandh over torture of teenager in Kishtwar
Kishtwar: Minorities on Friday observed a shut down in protest against the torture of a teenager by Special Investigation Team (SIT) in police custody in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On a call given by Sanatan Dharam Sabha (SDS) and BJP, minorities observed a shut down in the town in protest against the torture of 16-year-old Ajay Kumar by SIT in Kishtwar. The youth is undergoing treatment in Government Medical College Hospital in Jammu.
President of SDS, Kishtwar, HR Botyal, accused police of harassing innocent youth belonging to minority community on the name of investigation for August 9 violence.
Three persons were killed, over 20 others injured and 75 business establishments along with 35 vehicles gutted on August 9 during communal clashes in the district.
Kumar was allegedly beaten up by SIT and police leading to his serious injuries in Kishtwar on October 1. He was shifted to a local hospital at Kishtwar and later referred to GMC Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!