Mirwaiz chosen chairman of moderate faction of Hurriyat
Srinagar: Mirwaiz Umer Farooq was on Monday
unanimously elected chairman of the moderate faction of
Hurriyat Conference for two years.
The re-election of Mirwaiz, who heads Awami Action
Committee (AAC) as chairman of the separatist amalgam -- third
time in a row -- was unanimous, a Hurriyat spokesman said
after a meeting of the executive council held at its
headquarters at Rajbagh.
All the executive members -- Prof Abdu Gani Bhat, Bilal
Gani Lone, Aga Syed Hassan al-Mousvi Al-Safvi, Masroor
Abbass Ansari, Moulana Mohammad Abdullah Tari and Mukhtar
Ahmad Waza -- attended the meet.
The spokesman said election for the chairman was scheduled
in June this year, but was delayed by three months due to "ups
and downs" in the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi