Mirwaiz condemns attack on Prashant Bhushan
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Wednesday termed as "intolerable" the attack on senior
Supreme Court advocate Prashant Bhushan and said it was
unfortunate that nothing was done to prevent it.
"This is a sad and unfortunate incident that a respected
Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan was attacked in his
chamber," Mirwaiz said.
The separatist leader said the attack on Bhushan for
speaking in favour of Kashmir was "height of intolerance".
"These attacks are condemnable and we strongly condemn
this attack. What is more unfortunate is that government has
done nothing to prevent such attacks," he said.
Activist Bhushan was roughed and beaten up by three
youths suspected to belong to a right-wing group in his
Supreme Court chamber for his advocacy of plebiscite in Jammu
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis