Mirwaiz condemns attack on Prashant Bhushan
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Wednesday termed as "intolerable" the attack on senior
Supreme Court advocate Prashant Bhushan and said it was
unfortunate that nothing was done to prevent it.
"This is a sad and unfortunate incident that a respected
Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan was attacked in his
chamber," Mirwaiz said.
The separatist leader said the attack on Bhushan for
speaking in favour of Kashmir was "height of intolerance".
"These attacks are condemnable and we strongly condemn
this attack. What is more unfortunate is that government has
done nothing to prevent such attacks," he said.
Activist Bhushan was roughed and beaten up by three
youths suspected to belong to a right-wing group in his
Supreme Court chamber for his advocacy of plebiscite in Jammu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters