Mirwaiz condemns attack on Prashant Bhushan
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Wednesday termed as "intolerable" the attack on senior
Supreme Court advocate Prashant Bhushan and said it was
unfortunate that nothing was done to prevent it.
"This is a sad and unfortunate incident that a respected
Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan was attacked in his
chamber," Mirwaiz said.
The separatist leader said the attack on Bhushan for
speaking in favour of Kashmir was "height of intolerance".
"These attacks are condemnable and we strongly condemn
this attack. What is more unfortunate is that government has
done nothing to prevent such attacks," he said.
Activist Bhushan was roughed and beaten up by three
youths suspected to belong to a right-wing group in his
Supreme Court chamber for his advocacy of plebiscite in Jammu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls