Mirwaiz condemns attack on Prashant Bhushan
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Wednesday termed as "intolerable" the attack on senior
Supreme Court advocate Prashant Bhushan and said it was
unfortunate that nothing was done to prevent it.
"This is a sad and unfortunate incident that a respected
Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan was attacked in his
chamber," Mirwaiz said.
The separatist leader said the attack on Bhushan for
speaking in favour of Kashmir was "height of intolerance".
"These attacks are condemnable and we strongly condemn
this attack. What is more unfortunate is that government has
done nothing to prevent such attacks," he said.
Activist Bhushan was roughed and beaten up by three
youths suspected to belong to a right-wing group in his
Supreme Court chamber for his advocacy of plebiscite in Jammu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details