Mirwaiz suspends office bearers of his group
Srinagar: Moderate separatist Hurriyat group headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq Monday decided to suspend all its office bearers and empowered the chairman to take immediate steps for strengthening the conglomerate.
In an extraordinary meeting of its seven-member executive committee at the Hurriyat headquarters, the conglomerate asked the chairman to issue strict instructions to executive and general council members of the group not to issue any statement which would weaken the Hurriyat and were violative of its constitution.
The Hurriyat move is seen here as an effort to check dissent in the group whose constituents have of late been issuing divergent statements regarding the proposed dialogue between the Hurriyat and the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'