Mirwaiz suspends office bearers of his group
Srinagar: Moderate separatist Hurriyat group headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq Monday decided to suspend all its office bearers and empowered the chairman to take immediate steps for strengthening the conglomerate.
In an extraordinary meeting of its seven-member executive committee at the Hurriyat headquarters, the conglomerate asked the chairman to issue strict instructions to executive and general council members of the group not to issue any statement which would weaken the Hurriyat and were violative of its constitution.
The Hurriyat move is seen here as an effort to check dissent in the group whose constituents have of late been issuing divergent statements regarding the proposed dialogue between the Hurriyat and the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP Basic Training Certificates: Registration opens for 2-year BTC diploma course for filling assistant teachers' jobs
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how
- Reduce your blood pressure – listen to the tunes of Mozart and Strauss!
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is a father figure to me: FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan