Mirwaiz suspends office bearers of his group
Srinagar: Moderate separatist Hurriyat group headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq Monday decided to suspend all its office bearers and empowered the chairman to take immediate steps for strengthening the conglomerate.
In an extraordinary meeting of its seven-member executive committee at the Hurriyat headquarters, the conglomerate asked the chairman to issue strict instructions to executive and general council members of the group not to issue any statement which would weaken the Hurriyat and were violative of its constitution.
The Hurriyat move is seen here as an effort to check dissent in the group whose constituents have of late been issuing divergent statements regarding the proposed dialogue between the Hurriyat and the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed