Mirwaiz suspends office bearers of his group
Srinagar: Moderate separatist Hurriyat group headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq Monday decided to suspend all its office bearers and empowered the chairman to take immediate steps for strengthening the conglomerate.
In an extraordinary meeting of its seven-member executive committee at the Hurriyat headquarters, the conglomerate asked the chairman to issue strict instructions to executive and general council members of the group not to issue any statement which would weaken the Hurriyat and were violative of its constitution.
The Hurriyat move is seen here as an effort to check dissent in the group whose constituents have of late been issuing divergent statements regarding the proposed dialogue between the Hurriyat and the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon