Mirwaiz suspends office bearers of his group
Srinagar: Moderate separatist Hurriyat group headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq Monday decided to suspend all its office bearers and empowered the chairman to take immediate steps for strengthening the conglomerate.
In an extraordinary meeting of its seven-member executive committee at the Hurriyat headquarters, the conglomerate asked the chairman to issue strict instructions to executive and general council members of the group not to issue any statement which would weaken the Hurriyat and were violative of its constitution.
The Hurriyat move is seen here as an effort to check dissent in the group whose constituents have of late been issuing divergent statements regarding the proposed dialogue between the Hurriyat and the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai