Mirwaiz welcomes Anna`s anti-graft agitation
Srinagar: Hurriyat softliner Mirwaiz Umar
Farooq on Tuesday welcomed Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption
but flayed the Gandhian`s stand that Jammu and Kashmir was an
integral part of India.
"There are no two opinions that corruption has to be done
away with as it is not limited to a particular state or
society," the chairman of the moderate faction of the Hurriyat
"Even in Jammu and Kashmir every government department is
corrupt," he told reporters after chairing a meeting of a
religious body here.
The Mirwaiz, however, criticised Anna`s stand that Jammu
and Kashmir was an integral part of India.
The social activist`s statement had "disappointed" the
people of the state, the separatist leader said.
Hazare, reacting to Prashant Bhushan`s support for
plebiscite in Kashmir, had said the state is an integral
part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video