Mirwaiz welcomes Anna`s anti-graft agitation
Srinagar: Hurriyat softliner Mirwaiz Umar
Farooq on Tuesday welcomed Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption
but flayed the Gandhian`s stand that Jammu and Kashmir was an
integral part of India.
"There are no two opinions that corruption has to be done
away with as it is not limited to a particular state or
society," the chairman of the moderate faction of the Hurriyat
"Even in Jammu and Kashmir every government department is
corrupt," he told reporters after chairing a meeting of a
religious body here.
The Mirwaiz, however, criticised Anna`s stand that Jammu
and Kashmir was an integral part of India.
The social activist`s statement had "disappointed" the
people of the state, the separatist leader said.
Hazare, reacting to Prashant Bhushan`s support for
plebiscite in Kashmir, had said the state is an integral
part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie