Mirwaiz welcomes Anna`s anti-graft agitation
Srinagar: Hurriyat softliner Mirwaiz Umar
Farooq on Tuesday welcomed Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption
but flayed the Gandhian`s stand that Jammu and Kashmir was an
integral part of India.
"There are no two opinions that corruption has to be done
away with as it is not limited to a particular state or
society," the chairman of the moderate faction of the Hurriyat
"Even in Jammu and Kashmir every government department is
corrupt," he told reporters after chairing a meeting of a
religious body here.
The Mirwaiz, however, criticised Anna`s stand that Jammu
and Kashmir was an integral part of India.
The social activist`s statement had "disappointed" the
people of the state, the separatist leader said.
Hazare, reacting to Prashant Bhushan`s support for
plebiscite in Kashmir, had said the state is an integral
part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman