Missing jawan`s body found on the banks of Indus
Srinagar: Body of a jawan, who went missing last week, was Thursday recovered from the banks of Indus river in Ladakh, police said.
Body of Lance Naik Stanzin Thapa of 3rd battalion Ladakh Scouts, a resident of Karsha Zanaskar, Kargil, was recovered from the banks of Indus river at Stakna, Leh, a police spokesman said.
The jawan was missing since April 18, the spokesman said adding, police has initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC in this regard.
The body was handed over to his relatives after completing all legal formalities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror