Mistaken identity: Army jawan pips colleague
Jammu: In a case of mistaken identity, an
army jawan was on Wednesday shot dead by his colleague in border
district of Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir.
H Battacharya was shot at by Havaldar S Kaltron, who was
on duty at a security force camp in forward area of Balnoi
belt at Indo-Pak border, officials said.
Battacharya was rushed to a military hospital in Rajouri,
where he died, they said, adding that the santry had fired
after observing some movement in the border belt close to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees