Mistaken identity: Army jawan pips colleague
Jammu: In a case of mistaken identity, an
army jawan was on Wednesday shot dead by his colleague in border
district of Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir.
H Battacharya was shot at by Havaldar S Kaltron, who was
on duty at a security force camp in forward area of Balnoi
belt at Indo-Pak border, officials said.
Battacharya was rushed to a military hospital in Rajouri,
where he died, they said, adding that the santry had fired
after observing some movement in the border belt close to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar