Mistaken identity: Army jawan pips colleague
Jammu: In a case of mistaken identity, an
army jawan was on Wednesday shot dead by his colleague in border
district of Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir.
H Battacharya was shot at by Havaldar S Kaltron, who was
on duty at a security force camp in forward area of Balnoi
belt at Indo-Pak border, officials said.
Battacharya was rushed to a military hospital in Rajouri,
where he died, they said, adding that the santry had fired
after observing some movement in the border belt close to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city