Mistakes led to exodus of Kashmiri Hindus: Farooq Abdullah
Patna: Union Minister and National
Conference leader Farooq Abdullah on Sunday said mistakes
committed in the past led to the exodus of Kashmiri Hindus
from Jammu and Kashmir as also to the prevailing political
uncertainty in the state.
"It is our fault as the Kashmiri Hindus have been made
homeless and forced to live outside," Abdullah said at an
Urdu conference here.
He said it hurts him that his Kashmiri Hindu brothers and
sisters have been forced to live in hot and humid weather
conditions elsewhere in the country, which they were not used
to, having been lived in cold climate.
He, however, did not elaborate on the "fault".
Many Kashmiri Hindus, particularly members of the Pandit
community, were forced to leave the Valley by terrorists
during late 1980s and early 1990s.
Over one crore Kashmiri Muslims did not support the
separatists` ideology and were actually paying a price for
their stand, he said referring to militancy-related activities
in his home state.
The Kashmiri Muslims have to endure harassment, whenever
Pakistan-backed ultras do something in India, Abdullah said,
adding, Jammu and Kashmir would never get separated from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's