MLAs to decide on Guru amnesty resolution: Cong
Jammu: Congress on Wednesday said that the party`s
stand on the resolution seeking amnesty for Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru will be decided by its legislators.
"Congress party will take its stand as per its perception
(on Afzal Guru). Congress is represented in the Legislature by
its legislators. They will decide on the issue," JKPCC chief
Saifuddin Soz told reporters here.
He, however, did not clarify whether the party will
oppose the resolution.
The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker has admitted a
resolution seeking amnesty for Guru.
Of the 39 resolutions received, the Speaker has admitted
35, including that of independent MLA Abdul Rasheed seeking
amnesty for Guru. The House will convene on September 26 for a
On whether Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s Kashmir centric
statements damaging Congress base in Jammu, he said, "We will
think over it. If there is any statement which would damage
the national interests, it would not be acceptable to party or
to me. I tell you that."
"They are not our spokespersons. We are Congress, we have
our own constitution and we have our own perception on
Kashmir," he said.
On interlocutors recommending a return to the pre-1953
status as the way forward in resolving the Kashmir issue, Soz
said, "When we reach the river, we shall cross it. We should
wait for the report."
Asked about municipal and local bodies elections, the
Congress leader said, "We have yet not decided. It is not must
that NC, Congress will fight elections together. We can go
separately contesting friendly match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi