MLAs to decide on Guru amnesty resolution: Cong
Jammu: Congress on Wednesday said that the party`s
stand on the resolution seeking amnesty for Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru will be decided by its legislators.
"Congress party will take its stand as per its perception
(on Afzal Guru). Congress is represented in the Legislature by
its legislators. They will decide on the issue," JKPCC chief
Saifuddin Soz told reporters here.
He, however, did not clarify whether the party will
oppose the resolution.
The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker has admitted a
resolution seeking amnesty for Guru.
Of the 39 resolutions received, the Speaker has admitted
35, including that of independent MLA Abdul Rasheed seeking
amnesty for Guru. The House will convene on September 26 for a
On whether Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s Kashmir centric
statements damaging Congress base in Jammu, he said, "We will
think over it. If there is any statement which would damage
the national interests, it would not be acceptable to party or
to me. I tell you that."
"They are not our spokespersons. We are Congress, we have
our own constitution and we have our own perception on
Kashmir," he said.
On interlocutors recommending a return to the pre-1953
status as the way forward in resolving the Kashmir issue, Soz
said, "When we reach the river, we shall cross it. We should
wait for the report."
Asked about municipal and local bodies elections, the
Congress leader said, "We have yet not decided. It is not must
that NC, Congress will fight elections together. We can go
separately contesting friendly match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures