Mobile, Internet Services restored in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Mobile, Internet services were restored in the Kashmir Valley after remaining suspended for a week in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
The Internet services, which were snapped last Saturday, were restored late Friday evening, providing relief to nearly five lakh mobile Internet subscribers in the Valley.
Internet services were snapped as a precautionary measure as authorities apprehended that trouble-makers may misuse social networking tools for fomenting trouble by spreading rumours.
The decision to snap the services had come in for sharp criticism from rights groups, which termed it as a gag on freedom of expression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan