Mobile, Internet Services restored in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Mobile, Internet services were restored in the Kashmir Valley after remaining suspended for a week in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
The Internet services, which were snapped last Saturday, were restored late Friday evening, providing relief to nearly five lakh mobile Internet subscribers in the Valley.
Internet services were snapped as a precautionary measure as authorities apprehended that trouble-makers may misuse social networking tools for fomenting trouble by spreading rumours.
The decision to snap the services had come in for sharp criticism from rights groups, which termed it as a gag on freedom of expression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof