Mock drill conducted in Srinagar
Srinagar: A mock drill to meet the
eventualities in case of natural calamities like floods, fires and earthquakes was conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police and Civil Defense volunteers, an official said Friday.
The drill was conducted yesterday at the Battalion
Headquarters of Auxiliary Police in Barzulla on the city
outskirts, an official spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo, who
was the chief guest on the occasion, said the civil defence
had an important role to play in disaster mitigation.
Kakroo stressed on the need to reduce the response time
in order to save lives, adding that the objective of the
programme was to sensitise the participants to the recent
trends in disaster management.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed