Mock drill conducted in Srinagar
Srinagar: A mock drill to meet the
eventualities in case of natural calamities like floods, fires and earthquakes was conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police and Civil Defense volunteers, an official said Friday.
The drill was conducted yesterday at the Battalion
Headquarters of Auxiliary Police in Barzulla on the city
outskirts, an official spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo, who
was the chief guest on the occasion, said the civil defence
had an important role to play in disaster mitigation.
Kakroo stressed on the need to reduce the response time
in order to save lives, adding that the objective of the
programme was to sensitise the participants to the recent
trends in disaster management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees