Mock drill conducted in Srinagar
Srinagar: A mock drill to meet the
eventualities in case of natural calamities like floods, fires and earthquakes was conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police and Civil Defense volunteers, an official said Friday.
The drill was conducted yesterday at the Battalion
Headquarters of Auxiliary Police in Barzulla on the city
outskirts, an official spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo, who
was the chief guest on the occasion, said the civil defence
had an important role to play in disaster mitigation.
Kakroo stressed on the need to reduce the response time
in order to save lives, adding that the objective of the
programme was to sensitise the participants to the recent
trends in disaster management.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today