Mock drill conducted in Srinagar
Srinagar: A mock drill to meet the
eventualities in case of natural calamities like floods, fires and earthquakes was conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police and Civil Defense volunteers, an official said Friday.
The drill was conducted yesterday at the Battalion
Headquarters of Auxiliary Police in Barzulla on the city
outskirts, an official spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo, who
was the chief guest on the occasion, said the civil defence
had an important role to play in disaster mitigation.
Kakroo stressed on the need to reduce the response time
in order to save lives, adding that the objective of the
programme was to sensitise the participants to the recent
trends in disaster management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!