Mock drill conducted in Srinagar
Srinagar: A mock drill to meet the
eventualities in case of natural calamities like floods, fires and earthquakes was conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police and Civil Defense volunteers, an official said Friday.
The drill was conducted yesterday at the Battalion
Headquarters of Auxiliary Police in Barzulla on the city
outskirts, an official spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo, who
was the chief guest on the occasion, said the civil defence
had an important role to play in disaster mitigation.
Kakroo stressed on the need to reduce the response time
in order to save lives, adding that the objective of the
programme was to sensitise the participants to the recent
trends in disaster management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it