Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir, no damage to property
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter Scale hit the Kashmir Valley on Thursday afternoon, officials said.
The tremor, which lasted for around 10 seconds, was recorded at 12:02 pm, an official of the Meteorological Department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, but the tremors created panic among the people of the Valley.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, he said, adding the coordinates of epicentre were 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah