Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir, no damage to property
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter Scale hit the Kashmir Valley on Thursday afternoon, officials said.
The tremor, which lasted for around 10 seconds, was recorded at 12:02 pm, an official of the Meteorological Department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, but the tremors created panic among the people of the Valley.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, he said, adding the coordinates of epicentre were 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...