Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir, no damage to property
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter Scale hit the Kashmir Valley on Thursday afternoon, officials said.
The tremor, which lasted for around 10 seconds, was recorded at 12:02 pm, an official of the Meteorological Department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, but the tremors created panic among the people of the Valley.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, he said, adding the coordinates of epicentre were 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday