Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir, no damage to property
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter Scale hit the Kashmir Valley on Thursday afternoon, officials said.
The tremor, which lasted for around 10 seconds, was recorded at 12:02 pm, an official of the Meteorological Department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, but the tremors created panic among the people of the Valley.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, he said, adding the coordinates of epicentre were 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions