Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Kashmir Valley early this morning, officials said.
The tremor, which created panic among the residents of the the Valley, was recorded at 7:05 am, an official of the MET department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, the official said.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan at Latitude 36.5 degrees North and Longitude 71.7 degrees East, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'