Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Kashmir Valley early this morning, officials said.
The tremor, which created panic among the residents of the the Valley, was recorded at 7:05 am, an official of the MET department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, the official said.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan at Latitude 36.5 degrees North and Longitude 71.7 degrees East, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis