Moderate earthquake hits Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Kashmir Valley early this morning, officials said.
The tremor, which created panic among the residents of the the Valley, was recorded at 7:05 am, an official of the MET department said.
There was no report of any damage to property or injuries to any person, the official said.
The epicentre of the tremor was in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan at Latitude 36.5 degrees North and Longitude 71.7 degrees East, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what