Moderate Hurriyat wants time to deliberate over Ansari issue
Srinagar: Days after Maulana Abbas Ansari
of Ittehadul Muslimeen was suspended from the moderate
Hurriyat Conference for meeting the Centre`s interlocutors,
the amalgam on Saturday said that it will wait for the cleric`s
reply on the issue so that a mature decision is taken.
The Hurriyat had also served a show cause notice to
the cleric`s organisation over its disapproval of Ansari
meeting with the interlocutors.
"Hurriyat will wait for the response of Ittehadul
Muslimeen to the show cause notice issued to the party so that
a decision is taken with maturity," Hurriyat conference said
in a statement issued after a meeting of the Executive
Ittehadul Muslimeen, a member of the Hurriyat?s
executive committee, was suspended after its chief patron,
Ansari, met the Centre?s interlocutors headed by veteran
journalist Dileep Padgaonkar earlier this week.
Ansari had claimed that the interlocutors had arrived
at his residence without any prior appointment and he could
not turn the guests away.
The Hurriyat Conference said that it will take all the
aspects of Ansari?s meeting into account before moving ahead.
However, the amalgam said indiscipline will not be
tolerated and action will be taken as per the Hurriyat
Constitution against those who violate it.
On other issues, the Hurriyat said it will support
any development that improves relations between India and
Pakistan with the aim of resolving the Kashmir issue.
"The Hurriyat has decided to launch a mass contact
programme to counter any attempts to divide the people of the
state along regional, religious or ethnic lines,” it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’