Moderate Hurriyat wants time to deliberate over Ansari issue
Srinagar: Days after Maulana Abbas Ansari
of Ittehadul Muslimeen was suspended from the moderate
Hurriyat Conference for meeting the Centre`s interlocutors,
the amalgam on Saturday said that it will wait for the cleric`s
reply on the issue so that a mature decision is taken.
The Hurriyat had also served a show cause notice to
the cleric`s organisation over its disapproval of Ansari
meeting with the interlocutors.
"Hurriyat will wait for the response of Ittehadul
Muslimeen to the show cause notice issued to the party so that
a decision is taken with maturity," Hurriyat conference said
in a statement issued after a meeting of the Executive
Ittehadul Muslimeen, a member of the Hurriyat?s
executive committee, was suspended after its chief patron,
Ansari, met the Centre?s interlocutors headed by veteran
journalist Dileep Padgaonkar earlier this week.
Ansari had claimed that the interlocutors had arrived
at his residence without any prior appointment and he could
not turn the guests away.
The Hurriyat Conference said that it will take all the
aspects of Ansari?s meeting into account before moving ahead.
However, the amalgam said indiscipline will not be
tolerated and action will be taken as per the Hurriyat
Constitution against those who violate it.
On other issues, the Hurriyat said it will support
any development that improves relations between India and
Pakistan with the aim of resolving the Kashmir issue.
"The Hurriyat has decided to launch a mass contact
programme to counter any attempts to divide the people of the
state along regional, religious or ethnic lines,” it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister