Moderate intensity earthquake in Ladakh
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter Scale shook Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
"An earthquake of magnitude 4.6 occurred today at 3.13 PM. The epicentre was located at Southern Xinjian in China," an official of the disaster management cell said.
Another earthquake of 4.6 magnitude had occurred at 7.45 PM yesterday with the epicentre near the Line of Actual Control, 187 kilometres north of Leh.
No damage has been reported in the two quakes so far, he added.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?