Moderate intensity quake in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake rocked the Kashmir Valley Saturday morning, disaster management officials said. No damage to life or property has been reported so far.
"The magnitude of the earthquake was 4.7 on the Richter Scale. It occurred at 5.02 am on Saturday morning," Aamir Ali, in-charge of the provincial disaster management cell, told a news agency.
"The epicentre of the quake was in the Hindukush mountain range of Afghanistan. The coordinates were 36.4 degrees north and 71.4 degrees east."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day