Moderate intensity quake in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake rocked the Kashmir Valley Saturday morning, disaster management officials said. No damage to life or property has been reported so far.
"The magnitude of the earthquake was 4.7 on the Richter Scale. It occurred at 5.02 am on Saturday morning," Aamir Ali, in-charge of the provincial disaster management cell, told a news agency.
"The epicentre of the quake was in the Hindukush mountain range of Afghanistan. The coordinates were 36.4 degrees north and 71.4 degrees east."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender