Moderate intensity quake shakes Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake shook Kashmir Valley early Tuesday but there were no reports of any damage.
"An earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter Scale occurred at 6.53 am this morning," Coordinator, Natural Disaster Management Cell, Aamir Ali said.
Ali said the epicentre of the earthquake was close to the Line of Control in Kashmir, 215 km East-South East of Srinagar and 130 South-South West of Leh.
So far, there are no reports of damage caused by the tremor, he said.
There has been an increase in seismic activity in Kashmir, which falls in earthquake-prone Seismic Zone V, in the past week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak