`Modi has rekindled hopes among Gujjars in J&K`
Jammu: Expressing gratitude to BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi for his concerns for Gujjar and Bakkerwal communities in Jammu & Kashmir, Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha today said Modi has rekindled a new hope among them.
"Modi has rekindled a new hope among Gujjars and Bakkerwals that their long-pending problems would be solved very soon," Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha (BGM) president Eshfaq- ur-Rehman Poswal said in a statement here.
He said the communities had approached all political parties urging them to address their problems. Now they have a lot of hopes from the BJP as it has raised the issues during its `Lalkar Rally` here on December 1.
"We extend heartiest gratitude to Modi and the BJP for showing extreme concern towards the issues of Gujjars and Bakkerwals," the BGM president said.
The women of the state have also got new hopes from the BJP for their rights, he said, adding that "it should not be an election rhetoric only".
The BGM has been fighting for these downtrodden and backward communities since long, but so far except assurances nothing has been done to address their problems. "We met the President, Prime Minister, Rahul Gandhi, Union Home Minister, J&K Governor, Union Health Minister and various other leaders and highlighted their problems, but except assurances and promises no step has so far been taken to mitigate their sufferings," he said.
Many areas dominated by members of these communities are still deprived of basic amenities like water, power and road connectivity. "The children have no access to education," he said, alleging that "funds meant for the welfare of these communities under the Tribal Sub Plan and other schemes are being grossly mis-utilised".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm