More deaths due to road mishaps than militancy in J&K: DGP
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed more deaths in traffic accidents than due to militancy in the last one decade, state Director General of Police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
"Traffic deaths are higher than militancy or any other category of crime during the last one decade in the state," Prasad told reporters after flagging off a Road Safety Rally from police sports stadium here.
About 90 per cent of the road mishaps can be averted by following the traffic norms, he said.
The Road Safety Rally, organised by traffic police and transport department, after traversing through Panama Chowk, Bahu Plaza, Green Belt and Gandhi Nagar culminated at the police sports stadium.
The DGP said the rally would help in generating awareness among people about the road safety measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday