More deaths due to road mishaps than militancy in J&K: DGP
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed more deaths in traffic accidents than due to militancy in the last one decade, state Director General of Police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
"Traffic deaths are higher than militancy or any other category of crime during the last one decade in the state," Prasad told reporters after flagging off a Road Safety Rally from police sports stadium here.
About 90 per cent of the road mishaps can be averted by following the traffic norms, he said.
The Road Safety Rally, organised by traffic police and transport department, after traversing through Panama Chowk, Bahu Plaza, Green Belt and Gandhi Nagar culminated at the police sports stadium.
The DGP said the rally would help in generating awareness among people about the road safety measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui