More democracy in family-run parties like NC than in BJP: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit out at BJP saying there was more democracy in "family-run" parties like his National Conference than in "parties with a difference".
"I dare say there is more democracy in so-called `family run` parties like JKNC than in `parties with a difference`," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.
Omar was apparently referring to discord within BJP over denial of ticket to veteran leader Jaswant Singh for Lok Sabha polls and some other controversies surrounding the opposition party at the Centre.
He said with likes of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani around, there was democracy in the party but now it is being run as "monopoly" of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"Earlier there was Advani-Vajpayee duo, possibly even with (Murli Manohar) Joshi but now it`s just the NaMo (Narendra Modi) monopoly," he said.
Omar also dismissed suggestions that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was not able to work with the old guard saying it was Modi who was culling the senior leadership of BJP.
"For all the chatter that RG (Rahul Gandhi) can`t work with the old guard of the Congress, it`s actually NaMo who has culled the senior leadership of the BJP," he said.
BJP denied party ticket to Jaswant Singh, who is now likely to contest as an Independent candidate from Barmer constituency in Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation