More shelling, firing by Pakistan troops along International Border
Jammu: Pakistani troops fired mortar bombs, rockets and automatic weapons on border posts and civilian areas along the International Border in Jammu and Samba districts, resulting in heavy exchanges till the wee hours of Thursday.
"There was shelling of mortar bombs, rockets and firing by automatic weapons on border outposts (BoPs) in Nikki Tawi areas of Jammu district and Ramgarh belts of Samba district since last night," BSF officials said today.
In the biggest-ever provocation close on heels of visit of Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to Indo-Pak border, Pakistani troops on Tuesday resorted to night-long heavy shelling and firing at over 50 border outposts along IB in which one BSF Head Constable was killed and seven other security personnel injured.
In the latest round, they fired 82 mm mortar shells and also rockets, aparts from Light Machine Guns (LGMs) in civilian areas as well.
BSF troops guarding the borderline retaliated, resulting in heavy exchanges, which continued 0230 hours today, officials said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the shelling and firing, they said.
Due to shelling, panic-stricken villagers have fled their homes to safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands