More snowfall, rain as cold persists in Kashmir
Srinagar: Rain continued to lash Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir Valley along with fresh snowfall at the ski resort of Gulmarg for the second day running even as the mercury rose slightly in the Ladakh region.
Night temperatures across the Valley dipped further with the Srinagar recording a low of 1.6 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s 2.2 degrees, a MeT official said. The summer capital received 12mm rainfall during the night.
The mercury settled at a low of 0.8 degree Celsius in the gateway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir, which received rainfall of 25mm during the night.
The minimum in Kokernag was up from the previous night`s low of 1.1 degrees to 2.1 degrees Celsius with the town receiving 13mm rainfall.
In north Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the minimum the previous night was 0.6 degrees, the mercury settled at 0.5 degrees Celsius. Kupwara received 3cm of fresh snowfall and more than 27mm of rainfall.
Gulmarg, on the other hand, received a foot of fresh snowfall as well as 17mm rainfall and recorded a low of -5 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night.
Another hill resort, Pahalgam, touched freezing point at a low of 0 degrees Celsius, as against 0.2 degrees yesterday, and reported 2cm snowfall and 18mm rainfall.
And, although Leh and Kargil in the Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold, there was a slight increase in the minimum temperatures.
Kargil recorded a low of -9.2 degrees Celsius while the mercury settled at -3.4 degrees in Leh town. The previous night?s low in Kargil and Leh was -12 and -5 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks