Most land encroachments in J&K in Rajouri district
Jammu: Over two lakh acres of state government
land is under illegal encroachment in Jammu region and 52,866
acres in Kashmir region and Rajouri tops all districts in
Jammu and Kashmir in land encroachments.
The border district of Rajouri in Jammu region tops 22
districts in the state in government land encroachments as
49,502 acres of state land is under illegal occupation there,
official statistics of J and K Revenue department revealed.
As per the data, mountainous Doda district comes second
as 22,193 acres of state land is under illegal occupation
followed by 20,940 acres in Ramban district.
Jammu figures on the fourth place in the list of
encroachments as 20,044 acres of state land is under illegal
It is followed by Udhampur district, which has 19,052
acres of land under occupation. 17,690 acres of state land is
under occupation in Reasi district, 16,214 acres in Poonch
border district, 14,266 acres in Baramulla border district of
Kashmir, 13,093 acres in Kathua district and 12,141 acres in
Not only this, there is 9,394 acres of state land under
illegal occupation in Kishtwar district, 6,754 acres in
Kupwara border district, 5,863 acres in Bandipora, 5,536 acres
in Srinagar district, 4,684 acres in Budgam, 4,213 acres in
Ananatnag, 3,639 acres in Kulgam, 3,192 acres in Pulwama,
3,066 acres in Ganderbal and lowest 1,647 acres of state land
under illegal occupation in Shopian district.
There is no encroachment of state land in Leh and Kargil
districts of Ladakh region, the data revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice