Move to set up IITs, IIMs in every state is terrible idea: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday termed Narendra Modi government`s decision to set up IITs and IIMs in every state a "terrible idea", saying the move would dilute institutions of repute.
"IITs and IIMs in every state is a terrible idea and will dilute these institutions," Omar wrote on Twitter.
There was a need to make existing IITs and IIMs world class, the Chief Minister said. "How about just making the existing ones truly world class."
President Pranab Mukherjee, in his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament, said the government would set up IITs and IIMs in every state.
"We will set up IITs and IIMs in every state. In order to empower school teachers and students, a national e-library will be established," the President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!