Move to set up IITs, IIMs in every state is terrible idea: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday termed Narendra Modi government`s decision to set up IITs and IIMs in every state a "terrible idea", saying the move would dilute institutions of repute.
"IITs and IIMs in every state is a terrible idea and will dilute these institutions," Omar wrote on Twitter.
There was a need to make existing IITs and IIMs world class, the Chief Minister said. "How about just making the existing ones truly world class."
President Pranab Mukherjee, in his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament, said the government would set up IITs and IIMs in every state.
"We will set up IITs and IIMs in every state. In order to empower school teachers and students, a national e-library will be established," the President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan