‘Move without security before revoking AFSPA’
Jammu: The VHP on Sunday said Jammu and Kashmir
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other politicians who are
advocating for revocation of AFSPA from the state should first
taste the waters by moving around without security escorts in
the proposed areas.
"We want Chief Minister (Omar), ministers, politicians
and bureaucrats to move freely without cavalcades of armed
security escorts in those proposed areas where they want to
revoke AFSPA," JK VHP state president Rama Kant Dubey said.
On one side they are enjoying security cavalcades of
armed men, on the other they are proposing revocation of AFSPA
which provides safety and security to common man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened