‘Move without security before revoking AFSPA’
Jammu: The VHP on Sunday said Jammu and Kashmir
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other politicians who are
advocating for revocation of AFSPA from the state should first
taste the waters by moving around without security escorts in
the proposed areas.
"We want Chief Minister (Omar), ministers, politicians
and bureaucrats to move freely without cavalcades of armed
security escorts in those proposed areas where they want to
revoke AFSPA," JK VHP state president Rama Kant Dubey said.
On one side they are enjoying security cavalcades of
armed men, on the other they are proposing revocation of AFSPA
which provides safety and security to common man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra