‘Move without security before revoking AFSPA’
Jammu: The VHP on Sunday said Jammu and Kashmir
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other politicians who are
advocating for revocation of AFSPA from the state should first
taste the waters by moving around without security escorts in
the proposed areas.
"We want Chief Minister (Omar), ministers, politicians
and bureaucrats to move freely without cavalcades of armed
security escorts in those proposed areas where they want to
revoke AFSPA," JK VHP state president Rama Kant Dubey said.
On one side they are enjoying security cavalcades of
armed men, on the other they are proposing revocation of AFSPA
which provides safety and security to common man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire