Mubarak Gul takes over as new Speaker of J&K Assem
Jammu: National Conference MLA Mubarak Gul on Thursday took over as the new Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly.
Gul, who represents the Eidgah constituency in Srinagar, assumed charge on the first day of Budget session, replacing Mohammad Akbar Lone who was recently inducted into the state cabinet.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, to whom Gul had served as the Advisor, congratulated the Speaker for his new assignment and expressed hope that he will conduct the House proceedings impartially and to the best of his ability.
Later speaking to reporters, Gul said members of all parties will be given adequate time to highlight issues of their constituencies in the Assembly.
He appealed to the MLAs to cooperate in conducting the proceedings of the house in a cordial atmosphere, and hoped the proceedings of the house will be conducted in a smooth manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in