Mubarak Gul takes over as new Speaker of J&K Assem
Jammu: National Conference MLA Mubarak Gul on Thursday took over as the new Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly.
Gul, who represents the Eidgah constituency in Srinagar, assumed charge on the first day of Budget session, replacing Mohammad Akbar Lone who was recently inducted into the state cabinet.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, to whom Gul had served as the Advisor, congratulated the Speaker for his new assignment and expressed hope that he will conduct the House proceedings impartially and to the best of his ability.
Later speaking to reporters, Gul said members of all parties will be given adequate time to highlight issues of their constituencies in the Assembly.
He appealed to the MLAs to cooperate in conducting the proceedings of the house in a cordial atmosphere, and hoped the proceedings of the house will be conducted in a smooth manner.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan