Mufti exhorts youth to lead movement for change
Jammu: Exhorting youth to lead the movement for change in the state, PDP patron and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed today said if voted to power, his party will formulate a comprehensive policy to address various issues confronting them.
"PDP will formulate a comprehensive youth policy in the state to address grievances of the younger generation," Sayeed said at a function to announce formation of party`s youth wing Peoples` Democratic Students Union (PDSU).
Assembly elections are scheduled in Jammu and Kashmir later next year. "Youth have to play a crucial role in shaping up politically emancipated and economically vibrant future for Jammu and Kashmir," he said, adding that PDP is committed to establish a new system of justice and equality in the state.
PDP, during its tenure, had institutionalised recruitment process to ensure that only deserving and meritorious candidates get jobs, he said, alleging that present regime led by Omar Abdullah has "bulldozed" such institutions to encourage "backdoor appointments."
"This government has failed to bring transparency and accountability in the governance", Sayeed said.
Sayeed said that during the previous PDP-led regime, as many as 80,000 youth were given government jobs, whereas under the present regime, only promises are being made.
"Not even a single case of corruption, nepotism and favouritism came to our notice during these recruitments," he said.
Sayeed claimed that state has been plunged into unprecedented crisis due to the misgoverance of the present regime and youth are the worst hit.
He called upon the youth to come on streets and peacefully oppose wrong policies of the government. "During the last five years not even a single step has been taken to solve problem of unemployment in the state", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani