Mufti flays govt for power, water crisis in Jammu
Jammu: Attacking the NC-led coalition government for shortage of power and water supply in Jammu, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti on Monday said her party would not remain a mute spectator to the apathetic attitude of the government towards the plight of the people in the city.
"In the scorching heat when the temperature is hovering between 44 and 45 degree celsius, people are struggling to get power and drinking water. We would not remain a mute spectator to the apathetic attitude of the government," Mufti asserted.
She said official machinery seems to have completely collapsed as people are forced to stay without electricity for up to 18 hours a day and some localities are not getting water supply for days together.
"On the one hand the government has hiked water and power tariff, while on the other residents are struggling to get potable water and power," Mufti pointed.
"Every year during summer, residents of Jammu face the same problem, but so far except promises nothing has been done to address their plight," she said.
"During the PDP regime a comprehensive plan, funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) was implemented to minimise the scarcity of water in Jammu during the summer, but the present regime has neither formulated nor implemented any plan to cope with this problem.
"Since the formation of this government, not even a single step has been taken to mitigate the woes of the people," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing