Mufti pretending not to be power hungry: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday hit out at the Opposition People`s Democratic Party chief Mufti Mohammed Sayeed, saying he is fashioned to pretend that he is not power hungry.
"The PDP patron is fashioned to pretend that he is not power hungry. It`s sheer hypocrisy and a blatant lie," he said without naming the opposition party leader.
The Chief Minsiter was addressing a rally of NC workers at a function held at Sher-e-Kashmir Bhawan here to mark the reopening of bi-ennial `Durbar Move` in Jammu, the winter capital of the state government.
"I am in politics and want power to serve the people, to mitigate their difficulties; satiating their developmental needs, wiping out tears from their eyes and ensuring they enjoy the fruit of prosperous life," Omar said.
Criticising the PDP for taking out a "so-called" peace march in Srinagar, he wondered why the opposition party came forth after the borders have turned silent.
"Where were they for all these days when our people were getting bullets alongside the IB and LoC," he asked.
The Chief Minister claimed the PDP has developed a trait of escaping the responsibilities when in power and crying hoarse over the solution of Kashmir issue and repealing of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) when out of power.
Taking a dig at Mufti Mohammed Sayeed`s claim over solving the Kashmir issue once his party gets 40 Assembly seats, Omar said that he had offered Sayeed the support of his 28 MLA`s to show it happened on ground.
Advicing PDP against indulging in double-speak, Omar said "the people are sagacious enough to read between the lines."
"They want performance and good governance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister