Mufti seeks decisive mandate to pursue agenda of peace in J&K
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Monday sought a decisive mandate in favour of his party to give a push to peace, stability and prosperity for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We seek a decisive mandate for the party to give a final push to the agenda of peace, stability and prosperity for the people of Jammu and Kashmir," Sayeed said while addressing a rally at Chenani in Udhampur district.
"Although we had just 16 members in the Assembly, we provided good governance to the people by streamlining functioning of all wings of the government," he said stressing, "we are not praising ourselves, but people are now comparing performance of our government with the present dispensation."
"Process of the state`s political and economic transformation started by the PDP-led coalition government in 2002, needs to be taken to its logical conclusion because the present regime has miserably failed to carry forward the process," he said.
"After formation of National Conference (NC)-led government in 2009, the state has been plunged into unprecedented crisis and this regime has become synonymous of chaos and uncertainty," Mufti alleged adding, "The NC leadership deliberately encouraged chaos in the state because it always benefits from the turmoil and uncertainty."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title