Mufti seeks decisive mandate to pursue agenda of peace in J&K
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Monday sought a decisive mandate in favour of his party to give a push to peace, stability and prosperity for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We seek a decisive mandate for the party to give a final push to the agenda of peace, stability and prosperity for the people of Jammu and Kashmir," Sayeed said while addressing a rally at Chenani in Udhampur district.
"Although we had just 16 members in the Assembly, we provided good governance to the people by streamlining functioning of all wings of the government," he said stressing, "we are not praising ourselves, but people are now comparing performance of our government with the present dispensation."
"Process of the state`s political and economic transformation started by the PDP-led coalition government in 2002, needs to be taken to its logical conclusion because the present regime has miserably failed to carry forward the process," he said.
"After formation of National Conference (NC)-led government in 2009, the state has been plunged into unprecedented crisis and this regime has become synonymous of chaos and uncertainty," Mufti alleged adding, "The NC leadership deliberately encouraged chaos in the state because it always benefits from the turmoil and uncertainty."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands