Mufti seeks decisive mandate to pursue agenda of peace in J&K
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Monday sought a decisive mandate in favour of his party to give a push to peace, stability and prosperity for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We seek a decisive mandate for the party to give a final push to the agenda of peace, stability and prosperity for the people of Jammu and Kashmir," Sayeed said while addressing a rally at Chenani in Udhampur district.
"Although we had just 16 members in the Assembly, we provided good governance to the people by streamlining functioning of all wings of the government," he said stressing, "we are not praising ourselves, but people are now comparing performance of our government with the present dispensation."
"Process of the state`s political and economic transformation started by the PDP-led coalition government in 2002, needs to be taken to its logical conclusion because the present regime has miserably failed to carry forward the process," he said.
"After formation of National Conference (NC)-led government in 2009, the state has been plunged into unprecedented crisis and this regime has become synonymous of chaos and uncertainty," Mufti alleged adding, "The NC leadership deliberately encouraged chaos in the state because it always benefits from the turmoil and uncertainty."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof