‘Mughal Road Project to be completed by Mar 2013’
Jammu: The prestigious Mughal Road Project,
which will connect Kashmir Valley`s mountainous Shopian
district with the border district of Poonch in Jammu region as
an alternative highway, is likely to be completed by March
According to the the Action Taken Report (ATR) for the
year 2011-12, 83 per cent of the road length (70 kms out of a total 84 kms) has already been blacktopped by November 15, 2011.
Another seven kms. are expected to be completed in few
weeks, which shall enable 90 per cent of smooth riding surface to road users, it said.
The project`s seven major bridges and allied minor works
will be completed by this year, the report said.
It achieved financial progress of Rs 429.27 crore ending
March 2011, the report said, adding the expenditure on the
project was Rs 486.80 crore as on November 15th last year,
which amounts to approximately 77 per cent of the costs.
The concerned department is foreseeing a cumulative
expenditure of Rs 540 crore ending March 2012, subject to
availability of funds and favourable conditions in the area.
The project retraces the route traversed during the Mughal
era, while travelling from Lahore to Kashmir via Rajouri and
Poonch border districts over a century ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi