Mughal Road Rally: Navigator dies
Srinagar: The death toll in the car crash during the Mughal Road rally here on Tuesday rose to two as the navigator of the vehicle, Ashish Mahajan, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here.
Mahajan, who was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital following the crash on Sunday, died this morning, an official of the disaster management cell said.
Mahajan had suffered grievous internal injuries in the crash at Simthan in Anantnag district and was on life support system at the hospital.
Jitender Shukla, the driver of the vehicle, was killed on the spot on the last leg of the Mughal Road rally when their vehicle rolled into a deep gorge at Simthan.
The rally ended here yesterday. 93 teams, including Kashmir`s first motorsport team, Baba Reshi Lions, participated.
Amit Rajit Ghosh and Mohit Verma won the third edition of Mughal Road rally in 4x4 Xtreme four-wheelers and Xtreme bikers categories, respectively.
As a mark of respect to Shukla, the prize distribution ceremony of the rally was called off yesterday.
The 600-kilometre long rally passes through the historic Mughal road that was once traversed by the caravans of Mughal emperors to reach Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj