Mughal Road Rally: Navigator dies
Srinagar: The death toll in the car crash during the Mughal Road rally here on Tuesday rose to two as the navigator of the vehicle, Ashish Mahajan, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here.
Mahajan, who was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital following the crash on Sunday, died this morning, an official of the disaster management cell said.
Mahajan had suffered grievous internal injuries in the crash at Simthan in Anantnag district and was on life support system at the hospital.
Jitender Shukla, the driver of the vehicle, was killed on the spot on the last leg of the Mughal Road rally when their vehicle rolled into a deep gorge at Simthan.
The rally ended here yesterday. 93 teams, including Kashmir`s first motorsport team, Baba Reshi Lions, participated.
Amit Rajit Ghosh and Mohit Verma won the third edition of Mughal Road rally in 4x4 Xtreme four-wheelers and Xtreme bikers categories, respectively.
As a mark of respect to Shukla, the prize distribution ceremony of the rally was called off yesterday.
The 600-kilometre long rally passes through the historic Mughal road that was once traversed by the caravans of Mughal emperors to reach Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what