Murder accused escapes from prison in Kathua
Kathua (JK): An undertrial, accused in a murder case, escaped from a jail in the Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Wednesday.
Suran Singh, who was lodged in Kathua jail in connection with murder of a villager, escaped from the prison early this morning, they said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab him, they said, adding that Singh escaped taking benifit of darkness and heavy rains during the wee hours this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda