Murder accused escapes from prison in Kathua
Kathua (JK): An undertrial, accused in a murder case, escaped from a jail in the Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Wednesday.
Suran Singh, who was lodged in Kathua jail in connection with murder of a villager, escaped from the prison early this morning, they said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab him, they said, adding that Singh escaped taking benifit of darkness and heavy rains during the wee hours this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know