Murder accused escapes from prison in Kathua
Kathua (JK): An undertrial, accused in a murder case, escaped from a jail in the Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Wednesday.
Suran Singh, who was lodged in Kathua jail in connection with murder of a villager, escaped from the prison early this morning, they said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab him, they said, adding that Singh escaped taking benifit of darkness and heavy rains during the wee hours this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed