Murder accused escapes,re-arrsted in J&K
Srinagar: A murder accused Wednesday escaped from police lock-up in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district but was re-arrested later, officials said.
Ghulam Nabi Bhat, facing charges of murder, managed to escape from Mattan police station at around 5.30 AM, a police spokesman said.
He said Bhat took advantage of the darkness and jumped the boundary wall of the police station to escape.
However, police parties were dispatched to different locations to apprehend the accused who was finally re-arrested from Srigufwara area, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley