Murder accused escapes,re-arrsted in J&K
Srinagar: A murder accused Wednesday escaped from police lock-up in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district but was re-arrested later, officials said.
Ghulam Nabi Bhat, facing charges of murder, managed to escape from Mattan police station at around 5.30 AM, a police spokesman said.
He said Bhat took advantage of the darkness and jumped the boundary wall of the police station to escape.
However, police parties were dispatched to different locations to apprehend the accused who was finally re-arrested from Srigufwara area, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown