Murder accused escapes,re-arrsted in J&K
Srinagar: A murder accused Wednesday escaped from police lock-up in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district but was re-arrested later, officials said.
Ghulam Nabi Bhat, facing charges of murder, managed to escape from Mattan police station at around 5.30 AM, a police spokesman said.
He said Bhat took advantage of the darkness and jumped the boundary wall of the police station to escape.
However, police parties were dispatched to different locations to apprehend the accused who was finally re-arrested from Srigufwara area, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand