Murder accused escapes,re-arrsted in J&K
Srinagar: A murder accused Wednesday escaped from police lock-up in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district but was re-arrested later, officials said.
Ghulam Nabi Bhat, facing charges of murder, managed to escape from Mattan police station at around 5.30 AM, a police spokesman said.
He said Bhat took advantage of the darkness and jumped the boundary wall of the police station to escape.
However, police parties were dispatched to different locations to apprehend the accused who was finally re-arrested from Srigufwara area, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar