Muslim neighbours help perform last rites of Kashmiri Pandit
Srinagar: Setting an example of communal amity, Muslim neighbours came out to help perform the last rites of a Kashmiri Pandit here this morning.
Muslim neighbours of the deceased came out of their houses, irrespective of the curfew imposed in the area, to help the family perform his last rites, sources said. Krishan Ji Puran (70), a resident of Krali Mohalla locality of Habbakadal passed away late last night after a brief illness, sources added.
They said the septuagenarian defied all odds and stayed back in the Valley despite mass migration of his community in the early 1990`s following eruption of militancy in the state.
Kashmiri Pandit Sangarsh Samiti (KPSS) President Sanjay K Tikoo said the deceased, who was an artist by profession, was left jobless due to militancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!