Mutilation of soldiers unacceptable in civilised society: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday termed killing of two Indian soldiers at Line of Control by Pakistani troops as "unacceptable" and said it was an attempt to derail the dialogue process between the two countries.
In the micro-blogging site Twitter, Omar said the report of mutilating of Indian troops was "unacceptable in any civilised society".
"Violation of the ceasefire is bad enough, to resort to mutilating soldiers is unacceptable in any civilised society," Omar tweeted.
He said that it was an attempt to derail the dialogue process between the two countries. "Clearly someone up the chain of command wants to do everything to derail any dialogue between the two countries," he said.
Omar expressed concern over the incident and said this escalation must cease as it may increase the infiltration from across the border.
"That having been said, ceasefire must hold else infiltration will shoot up manifold under cover provided by firing," he said.
Pakistani troops have today crossed into Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers whose heads were reportedly chopped off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH