Myanmarese national arrested from Jammu Army cantonment
Jammu: A Myanmarese national was on Friday night arrested when he tried to intrude an Army cantonment here.
"At around 1930 hours, a civilian intruder was apprehended while trying to jump over the wall of the cantonment in Jammu," Defence PRO Col RK Palta said here.
On being challenged, he could not give a satisfactory reply, he said.
Palta did not rule out the possibility of the intruder, identified as Rahemtullah, being a spy and said that he had been handed over to the police for further interrogation.
"When questioned, he revealed his name as Rahemtullah (26), son of Kalmai of village Dulijavala, district Soyehja in Myanmar," he said.
Rahemtullah was working here for the past 10 days as a casual labourer, he said, adding that the Army recovered some Bangladeshi currency from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's