Myanmarese national arrested from Jammu Army cantonment
Jammu: A Myanmarese national was on Friday night arrested when he tried to intrude an Army cantonment here.
"At around 1930 hours, a civilian intruder was apprehended while trying to jump over the wall of the cantonment in Jammu," Defence PRO Col RK Palta said here.
On being challenged, he could not give a satisfactory reply, he said.
Palta did not rule out the possibility of the intruder, identified as Rahemtullah, being a spy and said that he had been handed over to the police for further interrogation.
"When questioned, he revealed his name as Rahemtullah (26), son of Kalmai of village Dulijavala, district Soyehja in Myanmar," he said.
Rahemtullah was working here for the past 10 days as a casual labourer, he said, adding that the Army recovered some Bangladeshi currency from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love