Myanmarese national arrested from Jammu Army cantonment
Jammu: A Myanmarese national was on Friday night arrested when he tried to intrude an Army cantonment here.
"At around 1930 hours, a civilian intruder was apprehended while trying to jump over the wall of the cantonment in Jammu," Defence PRO Col RK Palta said here.
On being challenged, he could not give a satisfactory reply, he said.
Palta did not rule out the possibility of the intruder, identified as Rahemtullah, being a spy and said that he had been handed over to the police for further interrogation.
"When questioned, he revealed his name as Rahemtullah (26), son of Kalmai of village Dulijavala, district Soyehja in Myanmar," he said.
Rahemtullah was working here for the past 10 days as a casual labourer, he said, adding that the Army recovered some Bangladeshi currency from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you