Nair visits CAP centres, expresses satisfaction over Himayat
Srinagar: Prime Minister`s advisor T K A Nair, on Tuesday visited various CAP centres here and expressed satisfaction over the implementation of the project under Himayat in the twin districts of Srinagar and Ganderbal in central Kashmir.
Nair, who arrived here to take stock of the implementation of CAP project in the two districts, visited various Centres and interacted with the students, an official spokesman told PTI.
Nair expressed satisfaction over the implementation of the project.
Commissioner-Secretary Rural Development Farooq Ahmad Peer., Srinagar Deputy Commissioner, Farooq Ahmad Shah., Ganderbal Deputy Commissioner, Itrat Hussain Rafique and JKEDI Director, Mohammad Ismail Parray accompanied Nair during his visit to the Andhra-based CAP Foundation centres, he said.
Later, Nair visited ILFS Skills School, Ganderbal where threadbare discussions were held for successful implementation of the project.
The spokesman said the retention of Himayat trained youth has improved significantly and during the current financial year, as many as 19,000 youth will be trained under the project and the number of training centres in J-K is expected to increase upto 65.
Himayat is a placement linked training initiative taken by the Centre on the recommendations of the Ranga Rajan Committee Report and is being implemented through the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read