Narcotic smuggler arrested, 1 kg poppy straw recovered
Jammu: An alleged narcotic smuggler has been arrested and one kg poppy straw recovered from his possession, police said Wednesday.
The accused, Ashok Kumar was intercepted yesterday at a poll check post at Marh, under the jurisdiction of Domana police station, they said.
1.25 kg of poppy straw was recovered from the nabbed smuggler and a case under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act of 1985 (NDPS) has been registered against the accused, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price