Narendra Modi plays fast and loose with truth: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has been playing fast and loose with the truth, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Wednesday.
Reacting to Narendra Modi`s speech at Hira Nagar in Kathua district of Jammu region where Modi launched BJP`s poll campaign in the state, Omar tweeted: "NaMo certainly plays fast and loose with the truth. He quotes me and can`t even get that right. Modi Sahib please quote me but do it right."
Omar also said he has not watched Modi`s rally on the television.
"And for those of you gloating that I`m watching the rally on TV sorry to disappoint you. Only know what he said because I was asked 4 reply," Omar said.
He also referred to past anger among the BJP ranks over his posting of an aerial picture of Modi`s last rally in Jammu on his twitter site.
Omar felt the anger had been because the aerial picture had exposed the BJP claim of a mammoth gathering at Modi`s last rally in Jammu city.
"Some still upset with the aerial photograph of earlier NaMo rally, hate the fact that their lies and exaggerations were exposed.”
"Poor chaps cover their angst with jokes and what pass for witticisms. Don`t worry I won`t add to your misery, claim any crowd size you like," Omar said in his Twitter post.
Modi on Wednesday launched the poll campaign of the BJP from Hira Nagar town of Kathua district and said both Jammu and Kashmir and the rest of the country had to be rid of dynastic rule, a reference to the Nehru-Gandhi family at the national level and the Abdullah family in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men